Wednesday 8 January 2014

[Beauty Hall Of Fame]: My 2013 Personal Favourite Skincare Products

  Hi everyone! Happy 2014!! =D

  Gosh.... time really flies.. another year gone just like that.. and I really couldn't help thinking.. I'm 
  one more year older... sob sob...=(

 2013 has been a rather great year for me. I made new friends.. caught up with old friends.. rekindle
 old friendship and working relationship.. and I'm still continuing what I love to do which is being a
 makeup artist and of course sharing with you all my beauty secrets and bits and pieces of my life.^^


Last year Christmas and new year was a rather quiet one for me. I caught up with my old friend Edmund who recently just got back home from Shanghai after living and working there for 3 years! we went for dinner and then strolling along Orchard road admiring the Christmas decors and he was amazed at how much Singapore has change for the past 3 years while he was gone. But he did not have a great start to the new year as he recently fell and injured his hand while at his friend house during new year. =(  Hope you get well soon Edmund! ^_^


New year I went shopping with my gal friend and then together with my sis we went over to our cousin place for steamboat and countdown together. The feeling of just the few of us hanging out
together and sleeping over at her house was great as this was the first time that we actually did that. Hopefully there will be more hanging out sessions like this in the future. ^_^

Today I will be sharing with you all what are some of my favourite or rather effective skincare products that I have been using all year round from last year. =)

My skin type is combination skin, with occasional dryness on both cheeks and occasional breakout during.......ahem... ( that time of the month... *shy..... @_@) I also have "natural" dark circles which I have been battling for years since I was a teenager.

1st. Makeup Remover
 
Bioderma cleansing water. Suitable for all skin types especially sensitive skin. Its strong cleansing power removes makeup effectively yet doesn't irritate the skin. Can be use for face and eyes and its oil and fragrance free. I have use before many other types of cleansing water or makeup remover yet I still find this to be the most suitable and gentle on the skin.

I often came across many gals telling me that their foundation clog their pores etc thus they don't dare to use or apply makeup. I would hereby like to emphasis again. "Wrong! foundation or makeup does NOT clog your pores UNLESS you did not remove your makeup properly and thoroughly." therefore, the first essential step to your skincare is definitely removing makeup. Never ever zzzz with them on!

2nd. Cleanser


Vichy Normaderm 3-In-1. This is by far one of the best and time and cost saving cleanser I have used which can be fit into my busy schedule. It can be use as a cleanser, a leave on mask and a exfoliating scrub. Suitable for most skin type especially sensitive and acne prone skin. It doesn't contain soap, alcohol and its paraben free. As I mentioned earlier on, I have combination skin and occasional breakouts, I used this as a leave on mask on my T-zone twice a week for about 5 mins and rinse off.
It helps matify and clarify my complexion. The exfoliate beads inside helps to unclog pores and the cleansing cream texture helps reduces sebum on my oily T-zone and other impurities. Price wise also very reasonable. $33 for 125ml. ^^
 
3th. Toner
Loreal Hydrafresh Mask-In-Lotion. This new product was launched by Loreal just last year. Yet among so many Loreal products I have used, this is by far one of the best one. Again it is a multi function product which can be use as a toner and essence, also contain grape seed extract that can helps hydrates our skin. As I zzz in air con room every night, thus hydrating is essential for me too. when you have well hydrate skin, you can easily continue other regime like anti aging and whitening etc. Simply just apply with fingers all over face and neck after cleansing.
 
4th. Eyecare

Eyliplex-2 by Goodskin Lab. Among so many different types of eye cream products, this is really the best and most effective one I have used. It worked extremely well for my fine lines and dark circles. Divided into two pots, the green one is for morning usage which helps to lift, firm and reduce fine lines around the eyes. The white colour is for night use which help to reduce dark circles and puffiness. My dark circles and fine lines reduce drastically after using for around 3 weeks. This is definitely one of the product that I will purchase and continue use again.
 
5th Serum Booster
Loreal Youth Code Pre Essence. A serum booster that I will use before my serum and moisturiser. Very smooth texture and helps to boost the effectiveness of your other skincare products. This is already my 3rd bottle I think.. @_@
 
6th Serum
I only got into contact with Kiehls products just last year. Of course before that heard many reviews about them and thus decided to give it a try. I was looking for a anti aging and brightening serum at that time and was recommended this which I thus find it to be rather effective. Very nice and comfortable texture and brighten up my complexion with its pure vitamin C ingredient. My skin also feels smoother and less rough.
 
7th Moisturiser

Sothys Paris Energizing night cream. Got these for free when I attended their launch event last year. ^^ check out my review here.
 http://snowy84.blogspot.sg/2013/11/skincare-product-event-give-your-skin.html


Bio-essence face lifting cream. Helps to lift, sculpt and firm the face. One of the effective firming cream I have used. Face shape becomes more sharp and defined too. =)
http://snowy84.blogspot.sg/2013/10/skincare-product-review-get-firm-v.html

8th. Mask


Kose Clear Whitening Mask. I only started using just last year and I'm totally in love with it. I'm sure many gals out there are familiar with this. A leave on peeling mask that helps to removes black and whiteheads, dirt and impurities and unclog pores. I use this once or twice a week whenever I feel that my skin needs a "Spring cleaning" XD
 
Basically these are some of my favourite skincare products and my routine for day and night. Though now I'm trying to incorporating some other products into my regime but for overall these are my basic. Unlike makeup where you make a mistake you can simply remove it, skincare is really more of a trial and error process You have to know your skin type well and what are the conditions or areas that you would like to improve or the effect that you would like to achieve and then from there you work on it.
 
Ok. That's all for today. Hope you all enjoy my little sharing. ^o~
 
Snowy
Makeup Artist & Beauty Editor
xoxo


































No comments:

Post a Comment